Been in Chinatown today, although I am not sure, I have seen the real Chinatown, I expected more, and after inspecting the map again carefully, I know now, there is more, but I saw a few things, so I just go again. I passed the business district, I walked around the bay and went up to the boat, then I strolled through the old British district (with theater, parliament house aso).
A lot of walking.

There is lot of contrast and controversy here, people with the different believes and different clothing, the huge business skyscrapers versus the tiny little houses, the modern and the old, although there is not that much old, a lot disappeared. Today I saw for the first time one of these transport bicycle, which I saw the other day in the green house, I believed, that they have gone extinct.

So I read that they have reclaimed land from the sea, in order to have more space for developing and progress.
This need for development might have come from the fact that they become independent in 1965 from Britain and wanted to show, that they can survive on their own as as small country. So 1963 Singapore 581.5 km2, and today it is 719.9 km2. Today the city is modern, elegant and clean, but there is not much left of the old Singapore.