There is no quiet place in this city. This morning I was trying to record some of the lovely bird songs, but it is impossible to catch that without any noises, human or artificial.

At 7:00 in the morning, when the birds wake up to the rising sun, also the citizens are starting to move around, some zombie-like, others with a clear head for the direction they want to go.
Everywhere there is noise; the shuffling of flat slippers, the all so familiar sounds of new messages on the phone, the rustling of cheap and thin plastic bags, the roaring of the cars, which collect or spit out people onto the warm pavement, old metal gates, which are opened with terrible squeaking.
Even in the park, there is no silence. There are the runners tiptoeing on the pavement, all the hobby gymnasts doing their mobilization training to tin music, there is streching and happy bubbling chitter-chatter everywhere.

And above all that there is everywhere the ventilators, roaring, screaming, rattling, humming, blaring.

Having constant sound around is exhausting. With the tinnitus I have, I speak of my own experience. However, as long as I am relaxed, the sound is much lower, than when I feel stressed. I can block it out during the day, but it finds me again every night, when I try to fall asleep.

So I dream of this quietness, which I lost, I think it was when I traveled with a cold in the airplane.