A night in Paris


Going through some old notes, which I often write, when travelling, I just found this here, a glimpse onto my timeline.

Sunday, 8th October 2023

I have slept with the light on. The first couple of hours were not very restful. The party people came and left - it was a very vibrant feeling and I was in half-sleep. The pillow was too hard and I felt cold. The few times, when I woke up, I haven't discovered any unwelcomed guests, so that I finally decided to cover myself with the thin bedsheet.

At 6:30 the alarm woke me - it was very quiet in the hotel. I decided to get up and to make some noise in revenge. That wasn't difficult, as the walls were like made from paper and using the bathroom equipment, taking a shower, flushing the toilet and running water in the sink seemed to echo through the whole building. It made me feel weirdly good.

Now I sit in the train to St Malo, the sun shines onto my little table and my left shoulder - a very lovely feeling. The landscape is boring, all is flat, the green meadows, the farmland, the wood, sometimes, sparly though, a few houses and perhaps a small village from very far away..

Note, 16.3.2024: according to social media there was a bed bugs manifestation in Paris, which eventually swapped over to all other metropoles. Pictures of piles of old and stained mattresses were all over the media, including short videos of undefinable creepy crawlers, which supported the increasing feeling of uneasyness. About two weeks later absolutely nothing was ever heard or read again about this manifestations anywhere.